I love the use of diagonal lines in photography. This is totally a personal preference. I suggested the topic merely to add a little flare and variety your photos.
Here are some samples (photos NOT by me) that I found online of some great diagonal shots. Notice that the horizon is level, but look for those lines!! Once you get the hang of diagonals, you can branch out into other geometric shapes, but for now let's keep it simple!
Okay and here is my version of the assignment. The assignment being to shoot one or two subjects (it doesn't have to be a person!!) in front of a straight line, then stepping to the side and making the straight line a diagonal in your photo. I suggest being level with your subject.(I just changed them to black and white because my garage is the ugliest color ever)
ISO 100
Aperture 5.6
Exp 1/100
I love this technique, I went from mugshot to frameable portrait in one little step. Now for a non-human subject.....
ISO 100
Aperture 8.0
Exp 1/160
And if you want to be really crazy you can actually tilt your camera (and thus the horizon) for a little crazy shot...
Make it fun ladies!!!






Wow. I feel so not up to par with you professionals! I hope to get my assignment completed this week. I have neither my kids nor a fence right now but will get them soon.;)
ReplyDeleteI love your photo's and well I have been sick and still am so not sure when I will get my assignment done.
ReplyDelete